Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post 5

The evaluation of educational technology, along with integration strategies, were the main topics in Chapter 7. The point of evaluating educational technology is to determine it's effectiveness and appropriateness of the site or tool, using various criteria. This criteria can be organized into a rubric or an evaluation form. The rubric or form will evaluate various elements such as content, affiliation, purpose, authority, effectiveness, sources, authenticity, and other crucial topics. These forms or rubrics will more or less judge or determine the value of that particular website or other technological resource. The second topic in the chapter was integration strategies, which involves technology in the classroom, may it be computers or other sources. I thought this was particularly useful because the whole structure of this class is based on how to use and benefit from technology in the classroom. Different forms of "integration" include computer labs and one & multi-computer classrooms. Some common integration activities are discussed, as these activities help educators involve computers and other technology appropriately in the classroom.
I learned a lot this week in class from the in class web hunt. I had very limited previous experience using Google, as I had always used Yahoo. I didn't know about the advanced search feature that allows you to narrow your search. For example, you can specify what type of file you wish to search for. I also learned a lot about Word, again. I didn't know how to create check boxes or any tools used to make the evaluation sheet, so this assignment was very beneficial to me.
This week I'd like to ask the class about the amount of time it requires individuals to complete the assignments in this class. I don't know if it's because I'm computer illiterate or what, but it takes me quite a long time to complete assignments in this class. Does anyone else find they spend a lot of time on assignments in here?

No comments: