Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post 2

Chapter 3 was a helpful chapter in that it discussed various software and programs that can be used to complete everyday tasks and goals. Some of these programs are ones I've already used or heard of, such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Excel, but ranges to others that involve more complicated or less commonly used aspects of technology. These programs fall into five different categories, and include programs ranging from Microsoft Office to Word. Graphic tools are also discussed in this chapter, which include programs that can be used in one's career, in the classroom, or as tools used in various hobbies. This graphic software incorporates videos, pictures, graphic animation, and other various multimedia data. The chapter overall was beneficial in discussing various programs and software that can be used in our everyday lives.Since my last post I've learned how to better use Microsoft Word, but also how to use this "Blogger" website much better. I struggled in figuring out and remembering how to use this site with my first posts, but had a much less difficult time with this one. I noticed you can adjust the font, colors, and alignment as you choose. Also, the spell-check tool as been useful to me on more than one occasion so far.One thing I would like to ask the class is if they have heard/have any opinions about the extent in which technology should be used in the classroom? While, in my opinion, technology seems to be very convenient, I have heard debates and discussions suggesting that technology can stunt learning and should only be used after a certain age. Does anyone have any knowledge or thoughts regarding that topic?

No comments: