Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post 1

Reading Chapter 1 has brought to my attention the various ways in which technology and education are integrated. Not only is technology a common tool used in education, the chapter tells why education is dependent on technology. Technology is present in every aspect of learning today, as students are prompted to master technological skills. The ISTE, which is the National Educational Technology Standards and Performance Indicators for Teachers, outlines different ideas and concepts teachers should incorporate and require in their teaching. Another concept involving technology education is the ARCS model, which gives four steps that are designed to help reach and motivate students, ensuring students benefit from and understand how they depend on technology in their lives and especially in the classroom.Since my last post I have acquired a few new skills regarding technology, and also read about various ways technology is used in the classroom that I hadn't previously considered. I, personally, have learned to use Microsoft Word to write tests, and have learned how to incorporate Words' various tools and applications to make writing papers and tests easier. I also read in Chapter 1 about the various ways technology is used in the classroom. Computers, along with calculators, headsets, televisions, radio, and scientific devices are used daily to aid students in their education.One thing I would like to share with the class is that I'm eager to begin teaching, but so far do not know very much regarding utilizing technology in the classroom. Through this class I hope to acquire new skills and knowledge that will eventually allow me to better educate my future students.

No comments: