Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post 4

After reading this chapter I felt I learned more practical information than I did after most of the others. This chapter focused on the internet, how it functions, how it's used and can be used, and some key terms everyone who uses the internet should know. Unlike when I was younger, internet is now an extremely common tool used for communication, research shopping, and various other uses. Internet is broken into "packets," which are smaller clusters of information that are then sent or used as input/output within the web. The world wide web, search engines, and subject directories are all commonly used tools that are explained in depth within the chapter, which I feel is really useful and practical.
Since my last post I've learned to use an entirely new program, Inspiration. Prior to last week I hadn't even heard of the program, so it was very useful to me. I learned how to make web diagrams and incorporate the many tools and applications included in Inspiration to my benefit. I also, after reading the chapter, am more familiar with names and functions on the internet and within the various applications on my computer.
All I really have to share this week with the class is that I am even more excited about becoming a teacher and putting together my own lesson plans, knowing that there are so many available resources at my disposal. I plan on incorporating Inspiration into my curriculum somehow because I think it is a wonderful program that will reach out to students of all learning styles, whether they are visual learners or kinesthetic learners, the software will cater to every individuals need.

No comments: